Facts About Motorcycle Accident Safety
Motorcycle accidents may be linked to a number of causes including driver distraction, reckless driving, and other behaviors that can put many at risk of serious injury while on the road. The following are key considerations and statistics about motorcycle accidents that may aid drivers in understanding the importance of the need for practicing safe driving habits not only for their own personal safety, but also the safety of others.
- Over 90 percent of motorcycle accidents result in the rider sustaining an injury.
- Nearly half of injuries sustained by motorcyclists in accidents are serious or life threatening.
- The available reaction time for motorcyclists involved in accidents is typically only a few seconds.
- A majority of motorcycle accidents involve collisions with other vehicles.
- A majority of motorcycle accidents involving multiple vehicles are linked to a driver failure to obey a motorcyclist's right of way.
- Alcohol is stated to be a factor in 50 percent of motorcycle accidents involving fatalities.
Understanding these and other related motorcycle accident facts can be beneficial for motorcyclists as well as drivers of other vehicles alike in learning what more can be done to implement motorcycle accident safety precautions.
The Houston motorcycle accident attorneys of 1800-Car-Wreck Houston can provide support for those seeking legal representation for their motorcycle accident claim. If you or a loved one has been involved in a serious motorcycle accident and would like to discuss your legal options with an experienced Houston motorcycle accident lawyer, contact our firm today to arrange a free consultation.